A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and will sing it back to you when you've forgotten the words.

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Southern Family Pictures!

Imagine . . .
.
One beautiful September day . . . $0.00
.
18 well dressed adults . . . $ ??.00
.
19 well dressed (absolutely crazy) kidlets . . . $ ??.00
.
Family Pictures with all 37 family members
.
.
Priceless!!!
.
.
Ha, Ha, ok, I'm done with the Mastercard commercial now!
.
So, obviously, we had the Southern Family pictures taken last Saturday. It was . . . really there are so many adjectives one could use here- so I'll let you pick your own. So it was so [insert adjective here].
.
No, really- it was great. It was so fun to have everyone together in an unconfined space (as opposed to someones living room! that can get kinda crowded!) So here's kinda an overview of what happened: (WARNING- LOTS OF PICTURES!! SORRY!)
.
We all met at the Thanksgiving Point water tower at 10 am. and really- wonder of wonders, miracle of miracles, we were all there on time!!!!!!!!! Yeah- for those of you who know the Southern Family, that rarely happens~ if ever! so yeah for once- we were all there on time!!! YAY US! There was just one problem!
.
.
The Photographer wasn't on time.
.
.
That was just a little problem. So we had to try and keep 19 little kidlets busy until she got there!! Fun for us!!!
Joe-joe didn't really want to have his picture taken at this point. Things did not bode well for us.
Lizzy and Gramma having a cute little chat! Look how cute they are!
Waiting . . . and trying to find the photographers phone number! (Look how SKINNY Emmy is! She looks amazing!)

Katie and Sabrina. This was the beginning of the monkey-ness.
Joshie climbed all the way up the the cross in the bars. For those of you that have not been there, his feet are about 5 feet above ground right now! crazy kid!
Brendan and Brayden with Stacey looking on! Brendan is a little cheeser!! Everytime I turned my camera to him he got this great big smile on his face!! what a cutie!
Holly,Ethan, Lizzy, and Kate just chillin. I think this was ALL the chillin the kids did, and they only sat there for about a minute!
Just waiting . . . and chatting. How cute are they!
Sweet little Brianna gets a little shy when there are lots of people around. Later on she became my little buddy. She let me carry her around for a while. I so heart her!!
Joe-Joe wanted to be like the big kids- climbing all the way up! (He had help, obviously!)

Jenni and Annika- just being cute!
Joe-joe said "Take a cheese of me momma!" so I took a cheese of him!! Again, he was trying to be like the big kids!
Finally, the photographer got there- about 20 minutes late. Here's some of us walking to the gardens. (And yes- everyone in this picture is in my family, with the exception of the photographer way in the front- and this isn't even everyone!)
Jenni, Jenny and Emma being cute!

Finally, all the entire family pictures were done, so I stole Jenny away from everyone else to take some family pics of just us! They turned out all right- although Jenni and Joe-joe were both SO DONE! The only way we got Joe-joe to smile was to have me tickling him! but still- we are cute! Yay for families!
.
So, after all was said and done, it didn't take too long! (Well, let me rephrase- we didn't have the photographer take pics of our family, so we were able to leave after the big family pics was done)
When we got into our car to leave it was about 11:30. So it only took about an hour to do the whole family! not too bad!
.
And finally- I have to give props to one person in particular- because without her we wouldn't have even had these pics taken! To Emilee I say thank you thank you thank you for all the work you put into this. I know you had to put up with a lot of stuff from everyone- so thank you so so so much! I will be forever grateful!
.
YAY FOR EMMY!!!!
.
and for those who are not in our family, here's a list of all the people that were there:
(Adults are underlined, Kidlets are in italics)
Dad, Mom, Dave, Mel, Annika, Meika, Janice, Jennifer, Jonathan, Tiffany, Holly, Brendan, Mike, Janelle, Kate, Lizzy, Sabrina, Adam, Stacey, Joshie, Brianna, Brayden, Camden, Seth, Karla, Ethan, Logan, Truman, Dannan, Emilee, Daniel, Emma, Matthew, Michelle, Steve, Jenni, Joe-joe.
.

Sorry if I missed anyone!!!
and sorry this post is so long!!!
k, thats all!
chelle


10 peeps decided to say stuff:

Corilee said...

Cute pictures. Cute family. Cute extended family..Yea US!! (don't appologise for long blogs. I love reading them.)

nora.lakehurst said...

Thanks I always wanted to see how I look from my behind ;).
Naw thanks they are way super cute. And uh lets say if you wanted me to I would be glad to take your pics if you wanted some new ones. Not that those are not good (gah OK I will cork my hole before I get into trouble)
Super cute and yeah uh the whole pictures of my house is well in the Aug. blog. You will have to go and dig back there and find it. I did post it before you had yours. So have fun looking around. BTW my house is not that clean ;) Not always but I wish. OK so here is the end (ahhhh)

Flee said...

YAY! Great pics! I love them all! I don't recall seeing any of you though...hmmm.

Flee said...

ok, yeah, you were in the last one. my bad.

nora.lakehurst said...

LOL ok you or I are wrong about how many peeps were there but I put 38 but I could be totally wrong.

nora.lakehurst said...

OK so you are right. Where in world did I get 38. mmmm I wonder some one preggers and not telling us ;)

ems said...

K - You are like way too nice to me! Thanks for being so complimentary about how I look and getting it put together. I just hope the pics turn out okay so that everyone doesn't hate me for picking the photographer.

BTW that last picture of your little family is DARLING! I know that none of ours turned out that cute. Guess I should have skipped paying the photographer and just got a snapshot of us. Maybe that would have been better. Nah, probably still would not have turned out too good since Matthew was SERIOUSLY cheesed the whole time. Oh well, at least we got pics!

Steve and Chelle said...

yeah- I'd love to have you take family pictures for us Karla, but ALAS!!! We do not have any monies for . . . well really anything right now!!!

nora.lakehurst said...

You dont have to pay me. I need some more photo's for my blog anyways.

Stacey said...

Ok, Jan said I was looking skinny..alas I do not see it. :P

What a nice looking family! I'm so glad we went with the red,black and beige. Way beauty!