A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and will sing it back to you when you've forgotten the words.

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Roasting Shmellows!!!!!


So, a few days ago, Emilee, Emma, Matthew, Aunt Jenny, Steve, the kids and I all went to Canyon Glen and roasted shmellows and made s'mores! I was super fun! The perfect night!
Aunt Jenny and the kiddies just after we arrived

Aunt Jenny and Steve at the fire


Little Matthew and Emmy. (does the air taste good?? It looks like it!!)

Matthew's first taste of sugar!! He couldn't get enough of it!


Jenni was not super excited about the fire- she kept trying to roast, but getting scared and running away, so I finally did it for her! Silly bug!

Emma seemed to really like the s'mores! She had marshmallow all over her face! It was so cute! And it took her probably 20 minutes to eat it! What a sweetie!


Jenni wasn't so sure about the s'mores! She really likes the ones we make at home in the microwave, but didn't like the 'burning' taste the shmellows had. After making 2 and not eating them, we told her it was time to be done!


Jenni and Emma cheesin' it for the camera!

Joey wasn't the least bit interested in the s'mores, he just wanted the shmellows! (I think he had about 5 before we told him he was done- and we had the big ones, not the little mini ones! Can you say SUGAR RUSH!)


Finally it was time to go, the sun had gone ni-nite! We filled a jug with water and made sure there were no more burning embers! look at my cute boy scout! I love to watch him do cute boy scout stuff!

So that was our outing with s'mores! They were yummy, the company was super fun, and the evening was great! We need to do it again and get lots more people to come!!!

5 peeps decided to say stuff:

September said...

Looks like fun!

Count us in for the next time you go :0

Flee said...

I wish I could have gone. That would have been so fun! And um, yeah, you were up at 1:15AM!! (when you comented on septembers blog...hmmmm.....)Cute pics and cute family.

ems said...

Yeah that was fun. Too many for me! I gotta be more like emma and take 20 minutes to eat one! Can I have some pics since of course I never take my camera

Stacey said...

Looks like a fun time. I love s'mores,yummy!

nora.lakehurst said...

s'mores are great! Now I can't get my face dirty I have even tried to get it dirty and I can't I dont think I can stand the feel. oh well. Cute pics.