A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and will sing it back to you when you've forgotten the words.

Monday, September 29, 2008

Honesty Pays!

So, funny story. I got on to check my email and I had a random message from Zappos.com. It came to my gmail account, so this was especially weird cause I don't give that address to anyone but family and friends- meaning it gets NO spam, which is nice! So I thought it was kinda odd.
.
When I opened it, it said I had been sent a Gift Certificate for $100.00 to use at Zappos.com. At this point, I still thought it was just spam.
.
As I kept reading I realized that this was real- a real gift certificate! I started to get somewhat excited - zappos has great stuff! But as I read on, my excitement dissipated!
.
The email said I had been sent a gift certificate from Mardee Brennan for $100.00. It even had the gift certificate code and everything! I was super confused, seeing as how I have NO idea who Mardee Brennan is! As I read a little further, it said there was a note with it.
.
The note said "Happy Birthday RaRa."
.
.
This is when I knew it wasn't for me.
.
bummer.
.
.
I scanned the entire email, looking for Mardee's email, but ALAS! Is was not there. so I called the customer service # for Zappos. I explained what had happened and that the certificate wasn't meant for me, and I was met with a moment of silence. The woman on the other end of the line was quiet for a minute and then she said "Wow. I can't believe you called." I asked why. "Well, most people would have just used the certificate, and not cared who it was meant for." I told her I didn't think that was very honest, and she started seeing what she could do about it. She ended up finding the senders account, and said she would contact her to find out where the gift certificate was meant to go.
.
So, I didn't get a gift certificate for $100.00. The woman kept talking for a minute explaining what Zappos was like and what they offered, and I told her that I had been to the site before and knew kinda what they were about. She then said "If its alright with you, I'd like to create a Zappos.com account for you, and because you were so honest, I'd like to give you a $50 gift certificate." I was more than a little stunned! I told her she didn't have to do that- really it was no big deal, but she insisted! So YAY! I have a $50 gift certificate to Zappos.com! And the best part- they have free shipping, so she said if the item I want is under $50 I won't pay a cent! I was pretty excited!
.
So yeah. Honesty pays! :)
.
I'll let you know what I get when I find something!
And just a funny side note- I was super excited, and one of the first things I thought of was "Oh, I am SO going to blog about this!"
I say again, who knew I'd become such an avid blogger!
.
K. thats all!
chelle

5 peeps decided to say stuff:

Stacey said...

Yay for you Michelle! What a bagel! ;)

nora.lakehurst said...

WOW! That is awesome. I was honest and put back my two pinapples that i forgot to pay for. That ment I had to go all the way back with three screaming kids. I wish I would have gotten something but ya know in heaven I will get something I just know it

Flee said...

Jealous! Enjoy your shopping spree!

Jenn said...

Congrats, Chelle! I'm so excited for you. What a great story. You'll have to post a picture of what you decide to buy with your "honesty money." :)

ems said...

Yeah, I've looked at their site and it's got some good shoes. If you can find some for that price, buy "Sofft" shoes. They are the best dress shoes I've ever had!! They are expensive, but I found some at a different site on sale, so if you can find some in your price range, I would say get those.

Happy day for you!