A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and will sing it back to you when you've forgotten the words.

Saturday, September 20, 2008

and isn't it ironic, don't ya think?

So, last week we went to the BYU football game and had a BLAST!!!
We've got GREAT seats!
Steve's dad gets season tickets every year, but since he works at the temple every Saturday he isn't often able to go. So we usually get the tickets! I had so much fun!! I LOVE being at the game, with the atmosphere and everything! (And, on our first date, Steve and I went to a BYU football game! So that makes it even more fun!!)


The cheerleaders are always fun to watch- here they are doing the 'helicopter' as Steve and I call it.
Here's the . . . well I'm not sure what its called- but its cool!
And of course, the pyramid!
TOUCHDOWN!!! I believe that's Harvey Unga- although I could be wrong!
The final score of last weeks game- BYU 59 UCLA 0!
Yes- thats right! SHUTOUT!

and then there's this weeks game (which, due to sickness I did not attend. :*( I was so bummed.)
Today we played Wyoming. It was, again, a GREAT game! Really, I LOVE FOOTBALL! We beat Wyoming 44-0. Yes- another SHUTOUT!

What's ironic you ask?? Well the last time BYU had two shutouts in a row was in 1985. What were the scores- BYU 59- Wyoming 0 the first week (11/2/1985), and BYU 44- Utah State 0 the second week (11/9/1985)! Yes, thats right!!! Crazy huh!

I say again~ isn't it ironic, don't ya think? a little too ironic . . . and yeah I really do think . . . (and now for those of you who understand where thats coming from you're all singing "It's like raaiiinnn on your weddin' day . . .)
ok, no more alanis.


So, even though I'm home sick feeling super crappy, and I didn't get to go to the game (ALAS! bummer) I still have had a pretty good day!! We had our Southern Family -family pictures this morning! Crazy! I'll post on that next!

2 peeps decided to say stuff:

Flee said...

I want to dance with somebody! I want to feel the heat with somebody! Love that song! Good games! WOO HOO BYU!

ems said...

I totally didn't get Flee's comment. Maybe I'm totally out of touch.

Sorry you're sick. It's funny to me that you love football, shopping, fake nails, etc. so much and I don't. How could we have grown up in the same house. I don't see how people don't understand why Mormon's say we lived before we came since we're all so different. :)

Sorry again that you're sick. hope ya feel better.