A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and will sing it back to you when you've forgotten the words.

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Adventurous??? or maybe crazy???

So, the other day, Flee and I decided to be adventurous. Yeah. That was a BAD idea! Really. I mean, it was fun- once we got there- but getting there . . . yeah. Let me explain:
So, Steve is working with my brother-in-law for a bit wrapping a building in Salt Lake. (ie: they are putting really BIG vinyl stickers on the side of a building) It was pretty cool looking and Flee and I wanted to go see it. So we decided, in an effort to save gas, to take the bus up to sandy, and ride Trax up to Salt Lake.

Yeah. I repeat- BAD idea!

At first, it didn't seem so bad, but then we had a hard time getting the strollers on the bus- but a really nice man helped us out there! He got them on and off for us! So, then when we got to Trax we had to collapse both strollers, grab all our stuff, and the 3 kids and try to get on the train before the doors closed. That was exciting. Then we couldn't sit on the same seats cause there just wasn't enough room! and the kids got kinda restless!
But things were still going ok- somewhat.

Then we it was time to get off the train.

I got up and got all my stuff, and Joe, in my hand, Jenni got our stroller, and Flee had Lizzy and her stroller. I was standing by the door and just as the train stopped this lady stepped RIGHT in front of me and stopped. Just parked there. So, you only have so much time to get off the train, so I was trying to get around her, saying excuse me and such, and she moved like an inch. So I said excuse me again, and again- and still she didn't move. So the guy BEHIND me practically yelled 'excuse her!', and she turned to me and said "oh, you wanted to get off?" and I was like "uh, yeah" and just as she stepped out of the way the doors closed.

So we totally missed our stop.

But then, again, we were blessed with super nice people, and we made a game plan of how to get off the next stop. They helped us get out (after much fighting with the stroller) and finally we were in Salt Lake, albeit a few blocks off our mark!

Then, about 2 minutes after we started walking, Jenni decided she was too tired to walk. Yeah. I was more than a little bugged. So for the next 20 minutes or so, we fought with Jenni about her walking!

Really, it was super fun- even with all the screaming and whining of the kids! All 3 of them had issues at some point!

Ok, so this post is really super long, but I have to give you one more story. We were walking past the Courthouse, on our way to the building Steve was wrapping, and there was this guy- just standing next to a tree. I though he looked kinda funny. That was before he started undoing his belt. Yes- I did type that right! He proceeded to undo his belt and PEE right there! With my very curious 5 year old daughter walking by! So I all of a sudden took an interest at the red brick building across the street, and tried to get Jenni to find it- and find it again! We did finally get past him- without her seeing it- but really! I mean seriously!!!!! In the middle of the city- on the grass of the courthouse. Just totally out in the open- not even like behind something. Just there for the whole world and my little girl to see! Really- what a freak!!!


People bug me!

And with that- I will end this super long post, and fill you in on the rest of our journey later- 'cause it's late and I need sleep!

K, thats all!
Chelle

5 peeps decided to say stuff:

Flee said...

I love that story. Still cracks me up. We will do the trax again, just sans the big stroller, the bus to the train and we take the express bus home if we NEED to. NO MORE STOPS! Ugh...I was going to be sick. I can still feel it. Awful.

September said...

Stupid oil companies raising gas prices. Don't they know what they're doing to the mothers of the world?
I'm going to boycott! No more gas!

Oh crap, I forgot my low fuel light is on. I'll have to wait til tomorrow to start my boycott.

ems said...

I guess you made it home that night. Did I give you the right info? Yeah, I'm a genius when it comes to the internet. Good thing you didn't as a really hard question, or I might not have figured out the answer before your bus left. :)

Jenn said...

You should have called me. I would have come and helped with the kids! I take the express bus all the time, although it only goes in the morning and afternoon. But if you ever come up again, let me know. Maybe we can ride home together!

Jenn

Steve and Chelle said...

Oh for sure! We didn't end up leaving until like 9:30- yuck. We didn't get home until almost 11. yeah-- we didn't plan it very well!! next time- more planning, and no bus- just trax.