A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and will sing it back to you when you've forgotten the words.

Monday, September 1, 2008

Bridal Veil Falls!

So, on August 30th (Saturday) Flee, Lizzy, and us went to Bridal Veil Falls to walk for a while. It was so nice out! It was in the 80's, with a light breeze!! It was PERFECT! So here are some pics from our walk!

We walked across a bridge so the kids could see the water. If was cool, except for all the spider webs! Seriously, they were all over the place! While we were walking across the bridge Steve Jenni and Joey were in front of us. It was SO cute, so I had to take a picture!


"When you're the best of friends . . . ." Thats the song from the Fox and the Hound. Such a cute show! And its perfect, cause we are the best of friends! You couldn't find two friends who are closer than us!! We are like so totally BFF's! (That was me being a valley girl for a sec! like, totally!) Flee is my own personal diet enforcer. She keeps me on track! (7 lbs, and counting!)

When we got to the falls we walked in the little pools at the bottom. I didn't go in cause I was wearing sneakers, but everyone else did! That was Jenni's favorite part!

Lizzy wasn't sure how she felt about the water! She wasn't too excited about it! What a cutie!

Joe-joe was holding on for dear life!! He didn't want to get into the water . . .

. . . so they sat on a rock by the falls . . .

. . . but Steve decided that joe-joe needed to walk through the water. He didn't like it much. He said it was too cold. Apparently Steve though it was cold too!!

Joe-joe had to show me his piggies when he was out- telling me how cold it was!!

All in all it was super fun! (Even with flying water bottles, right flee?? oh, and I have a really cool looking bruise! I should show it to you!) So yeah. That was our trip to the falls! We walked up the path for about a mile or so, then we had to turn around cause we had other plans, and the kids were getting bugged! Jenni wouldn't even walk anymore, so she was in Joe-joe's stroller, and Lizzy wouldn't sit in her stroller, she kept wanting to get out and walk, but then she would walk super close to the edge by the river, and that made us a little nervous, and then there were the bikers that were going by super fast. (And really, with how many people were on the path they really shouldn't have been going that fast anyway! rude huh!) So we finally ended up putting Joe-joe and Lizzy in one stroller, and Jenni in the other, and just jogging the rest of the way to the car! But it was so fun! We should do it again Flee!

Ok, thats all for now!

chelle

p.s. Okay, and let me just state for the record, that it really isn't 4:30 am. The clock is messed up and is saying the wrong time. (I got a bunch of crap for staying up so late to blog, but really, It is SO HARD to blog with kids sitting next to me and bugging me! So I don't try anymore! I just do it at night after they've gone to bed. just fyi!) It's really not that late! ok, so I'm glad thats cleared up now for all of you. yeah. now thats really all! Bye!

4 peeps decided to say stuff:

nora.lakehurst said...

I never ever look at the time. Anyways congrats on finding time to blog though. I do it in the morning because the kids are busy playing and I can look at all my stuff or as seth says my *crap* on the net. I love that you are posting alot more now days. It makes it fun to read. I try to post often too. But like you sometimes it just doesnt work out.
Keep up the good work on loosing weight. That is just awesome.

Stacey said...

Looks like lots of fun! (except for Steve throwing a water bottle at you) >:(

WTG on the weight loss! :D

Flee said...

VERN! Still 2 am! You freak! j/k. j/k. j/k. Yes, That was so fun and we should go again! I love going for long walks thru the woods...playing with the sand between my toes at the beach...talking on the phone for hours...HA! Just messing, I realized that after I said the "long walks" thing it sounded like a personal ad. I went with it.

Steve and Chelle said...

So, In response to stacey's comment- I phrased it in the blog the way I did specifically so people wouldn't know that Steve threw the water bottle at me! (funny story actually, but steve feels REALLY bad!) So, just wanted to make it known that my husband isn't abusive or anything! Just had to clarify that!!! ;) *wink*