A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and will sing it back to you when you've forgotten the words.

Sunday, December 14, 2008

"Well . . . ya comin'?"

Who knows what movie the above line is from??

I'll give you a hint- its animated

another hint? - It's a holiday movie

one last hint? Tom Hanks is the voice of the character who says it.

I'm pretty sure everyone in Steve's family could tell you what movie it's from since most of us saw a bit of it a few nights ago! It's from The Polar Express. We went on the Polar Express the other night to the North Pole, and the kids got to see Santa! It was SO fun! Seriously, I was almost crying the whole time! I'm such a goob!

anyway, here's some cute pictures! Steve's 'rents know the owner of the little train and he does this polar express thing every year. We absolutely LOVE it. It's one of our favorite Christmas memories with Steve's family! (although we greatly missed John and Alicia this year!)

(And I know I don't usually put this many pictures in, but Annie wanted copies of the pics, and my email is retarded and will only let me email them 2 at a time!And I forgot to upload the pics so they would be chronological! So they start from the end of our trip and go to the beginning! oops! oh well! enjoy!)


Whitters the Red Nosed Reindeer!

Whitney wouldn't sit on Santa's lap, so Steve asked her if she wanted to sit on his lap, and he'd sit on Santa's lap. She's so cute!


Hailey did not like it very much!!


Joe-joe wasn't sure how he felt about it!



I can't believe how big Kobe is! I still remember the day Steve told me Alicia was pregnant! We were in high school, and he was SO excited to be an uncle he came to one of my classes and waited outside the door until I got there! he's so cute!

So yeah. That was our fun trip to Santa's Workshop! After the train stopped at Santa's the rest of the ride back was filled with Pictures of the Savior, while Christmas music played. It was incredibly touching! (It helped that one of the songs was 'Mary, Did You Know?' which is one of my favorite Christmas songs!)
Thanks again Mike and Annie!! It was awesome, and we're already excited for next year!!

5 peeps decided to say stuff:

September said...

Hehe...the song started in my head the second I read the title.

Cute pictures! my kids won't go anywhere NEAR Santa.

nora.lakehurst said...

I knew that line. We love the POLAR EXPRESS. I am going to have Ethan and I sing a song on christmas eve for your mom from it.
How fun to ride the train. And HELLO Kobe. Umm I babysat that kid. Oh which reminds me i have some pictures of him from when i did BB sit him those short few months.
And I am so happy that Alicia is so happy too.
Jenni was so cute I love her. Tell her that she is so cute and that I love her so much. And that Logan was sorry for giving her a hard time last night.
:Lubs.

Corilee said...

What a neat tradition. when the kids get bigger you may want to take them on the Polar Express that goes up Provo canyon. Or maybe not. Just a suggestion.

Cute pictures. Don't appologise for sending alot of pictures. If we have a problem with it we do't have to look.

Lub lubs,

Mither

ems said...

So fun! I'm glad you guys had a fun time. cute pics!

Steve and Chelle said...

Yeah, we've thought about the Polar Express in Provo Canyon, but there's two big differences- one, we (or rather Steve's 'rents) know the one who runs this one, and two- this one is free!