A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and will sing it back to you when you've forgotten the words.

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas to all . . .

. . . and to all a good night!

So, I'm at work, and it's REALLY slow!! We usually have 15+ patients, and tonight we only have 2! So, the things I usually have to do when I first get here (which usually take me between 2 and 3 hours) only took me about 20 minutes ('cause I didn't have any interruptions). So, now it's 6:50 and I am done with everything I am supposed to do. And I have 11 hours left. yeah. 11 hours.

it's going to be a long night!!

Christmas was great! We had dinner at Steve's sister's house, and opened our jammies from Steve's 'rents, then we had our traditional family get-together last night at my 'rents house, and for the first time in who knows how many years, the entire family was there!! All 37 of us!! It really was so much fun. We had lots of yummy food, and did our white elephant gift exchange, and the kids did a nativity play. (We didn't make it in time for the play, which Jenni was SO upset about. She was going to play Mary, and had been looking forward to it for days!)

After the fam left we put the kids to bed so Santa could come. Steve and I were up until 1 am finishing everything up, then we got up at 7:30 to open presents. (So yeah, it is going to be a real long night!!!) Jenni and Joe-joe both got bikes this year (two wheelers!) They were SO excited.

We had the yummiest breakfast ever at my 'rents house, then we did presents with my family. We went over to Steve's 'rents house and spent a little over an hour shoveling the snow (with a blower) and digging the cars out of the snow. It was SO cold. We did presents with Steve's fam, then went to Steve's grandparents and aunts houses. It was a lot of fun!

All in all it has been a great Christmas! We are so blessed to be surrounded by our family.

2 peeps decided to say stuff:

Flee said...

YAY! I'm so glad that you had a great Christmas! I bet they did love those bikes.

nora.lakehurst said...

WOW I feel more tired now than I did just five min ago. Thanks Chell. hope it goes fast for you and that you will enjoy Christmas day eve.