A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and will sing it back to you when you've forgotten the words.

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Some Christmas Funnies . . .

Ok, so our security guard brought by this cute little flyer with funny Christmas sayings on them- just to cheer everyone up! It was super funny, so I'm going to steal it and use it here!

Let me say before I post this though, that I understand that mental disorders can be very difficult, and should not be made fun of in a cruel way- which people do so often. Let me state that this is simply for entertainment, and no offense is intended! (Especially since I have one of these disorders myself!)

ok, here goes:

Christmas Song Psychology

Schizophrenia -- Do you Hear What I Hear, the Voices, the Voices??

Amnesia -- I Don't Remember if I'll be Home for Christmas

Narcissistic Personality Disorder -- Hark the Herald Angels Sing About Me!

Bipolar Disorder (Manic Episode) -- Deck the halls, and walls, and house, and lawn, and streets, and stores, and office, and town, and cars, and buses, and trucks, and trees, and fire hydrants and . . . (and just for my siblings- clean the kitchen, the laundry room, the bathrooms, the bedrooms, the living room, and I'll give you a dime!! hee hee!!! Love you Mommy!!)

Paranoid Personality Disorder -- Santa Clause is Coming To Get Me.

Multiple Personality Disorder -- We Three Queens Disoriented Are.

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder -- Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells . . . .

Agoraphobia -- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day But Wouldn't Leave My House

Alzheimer's Disease/Dementia -- Walking in a Winter Wonderland Miles From My House in My Slippers and Robe.

Oppositional Defiant Disorder -- I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Clause So I Burned Down the House.

Social Anxiety Disorder -- Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas While I Sit Here and Hyperventilate.

and my favorite one of all --

Attention Deficit Disorder -- We Wish You- HEY LOOK!!! It's Snowing!!



and 'cause I'm really bored at work, here's some that I made up!

Acrophobia (Fear of Heights) -- Ding Dong Merrily but Not So High

Agoraphobia -- Oh Little Town of Bethlehem There's No Way Out

Antisocial Personality Disorder -- Come, They Told Me (Pa rum pa pum pum) and I Said No.

Claustrophobia -- Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas, I'm Gonna Go Somewhere Bigger.

Gambling Addiction -- I'm Betting on a White Christmas

Narcolepsy -- It's Beginning **snore** to Look A Lot **snooze** Like Christmas . . . **snore**

Insomnia -- It Came Upon a Midnight Clear, and I Was Still Awake.

Kleptomania -- All I Want For Christmas is Your Two Front Teeth.

ok, thats all!! :) I may just end up posting again before I leave! There really is nothing to do. My charge nurse said she would let me go home, but there are only 4 other people here- two nurses in the Level 2 nursery (NICU) and her in the regular nursery, and the Nurse for the 3 patients that we now have. So, yeah. Basically I'm here solely to answer the phones. I really shouldn't complain cause I'm getting paid time and a half . . .

anyway, goodbye for now!!

2 peeps decided to say stuff:

Flee said...

HA! all I want for Christmas is your two front teeth! So so funny!

nora.lakehurst said...

LOL that is hillarious. You are too cute Chell.