A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and will sing it back to you when you've forgotten the words.

Monday, December 1, 2008

Christmas Quiz

(I didn't make this one up. I stole it from Karla!)

Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your friends. Okay, here's what you're supposed to do, and try not to be a SCROOGE! Just copy this entire post and paste it into a new post of your own. Change all the answers so that they apply to you. Then Tag 5 people you want to learn more about!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I think wrapping paper looks better, but when I'm rushed (or in the car) I do gift bags.

2.Real tree or artificial? Real. For sure.

3.When do you put up the tree? Black Friday. (The day after Thanksgiving)

4.When do you take the tree down? The day after New Years.

5.Do you like Eggnog? mmmmm eggnog! (thats a yes in case you didn't catch that!)

6. Favorite gift received as a child? My bunk bed, or my bike. then when I got older we had a Christmas where my mom gave away heirlooms. that was pretty cool.

7. Hardest person to buy for? Steve. or Daddy. or both.

8. Easiest person to buy for? Kids. any kids.

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes.

10.Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail. You can't very easily hang an email by your doorway!

11.Worst Christmas gift you ever received? hmmm. Can't think of one.

12. Favorite Christmas movie? Irving Berlin's White Christmas. Hands down.

13.When do you start shopping for Christmas? Usually sometime in December. (I'm the worlds biggest procrastinator!)

14.Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? yes.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Hmm. Cinnamon treats. and Banana Cream Pie with whipped cream!

16. White or colored lights on the tree? I prefer white, but I don't think color looks bad.

17 .Favorite Christmas song? "Mary, Did You Know" and "Breath of Heaven". I also really like "Candlelight Carol." And pretty much any Christmas music by Mannheim. (you can't ask me about music and get just one answer!)

18 .Travel at Christmas or stay home? I don't need to travel far 'cause all my family is here!

19.Can you name all Santa's reindeer? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, Rudolph, and Olive. (That lase one was just fore Steve! Can you figure out where it comes from??)

20. Angel on the tree top or Star? I grew up with an Angel, but my tree will have a Silver Star this year!

21.Open presents Christmas Eve or morning? One of Christmas Eve (Jammies) the rest on Christmas Morning.

22.Most annoying thing about this time of year? Scrooges.

23. Favorite ornament? Thats a tough one. I have two favorites- one from my mom thats a silver-white-ish heart with red and silver rhinestones with a really pretty red ribbon. the other we got for our wedding- it's a silver snowflake with our names and anniversary engraved on it.

24. Favorite Christmas dinner? Roast and potatoes, rolls, gravy, corn, and of course eggnog. mmmmmmmmmmmm

25. Favorite Christmas cocktail? can't say. I've never had a cocktail!

26.What do you want for Christmas this year? To be able to give my kids a good Christmas!

27.What don't you want for Christmas this year? Ditto to what Karla said: to gain weight

28. What is something you have never done that you want to do for Christmas? Hmmm. I think Disneyland would be super fun, but then I wouldn't get to be with my family.

29.Who is the most likely to respond to this? Flee.

30.Who is least likely to respond? The ones that I don't tag!

Who do you tag:

Flee
Emmy
September
Stace
Jenn

It's CHRISTMAS time!!

2 peeps decided to say stuff:

nora.lakehurst said...

EWWWW Egg nog is NASTAY! Then to say that is like horrible. I water down my whole milk so yeah Im weird.
Ummmm lets see I was going to say somthing witty but now I cannot remember. oh well that is what I get for having kids.

ems said...

Ick Kabbible!!! You gotta stop tagging me. I still haven't done the "husband tag" post and I have only just barely started my Thanksgiving day post! No, just kidding, at least it gives me something to blog about when I don't have anything to say!

P.S. Love eggnog!! MMMM, tasty!

Lub-lubs!