A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and will sing it back to you when you've forgotten the words.

Friday, January 16, 2009

I need your help!!!

ok, so once again I am playing with my background (oh my gosh, seriously I am so annoying!!!) but I finally figured out how to make the background different sizes, however since each computer is different, I need some info from each of you. I have the background set for a 17" screen. On my computer it looks great- perfect size and everything. I can read all the words without them running into the black on either side and there's no white around the edge (the background is the same size as my screen). I get on my Daddy's computer and, seeing as how they have a LARGE screen (I think its like 22" or something like that) I can see white around the background. The text is in the same place though. (I can still see all the text- it's not running into the black on the edges.)

So here's my question: what does this size background look like on your computer? can you see the grey ribbon/bow along the bottom? Can you see the buttons? Can you see the black on the right side with all the while swirlies??

If you could answer these questions for me that would be awesome!! And if any of you would like help designing your own background, I'd be happy to help! (Or, if you don't want to do it, but want a personalized background I can totally do that for you too!)

anywho, thanks in advance for your help! :)

7 peeps decided to say stuff:

Stacey said...

For me,the background is in the middle and I have white all around the edges.

September said...

Looks pretty good to me. Your sidebar runs into the black buttons a little bit but other than that I think it works. My screen is pretty small, only about 15" I think.

Very striking! I like it!

When I move back you'll have to show me how to do this stuff :)

Flee said...

chelle, you are a freak. It looks great! You worry about silly stuff way to much. I'm with stace on this one. It looks good though so don't freak about it. ::)

Unknown said...

I have a big screen (20" widescreen) and the sidebar is overlapping the right side a bit. I can see the gray ribbon where it is tied and the top and bottom of the graphic seem to end about 3/4" short of the top and bottom of my screen.
That detailed enough? :P I love the background, it's really cute :) And you totally inspired me to figure out how to do my own on my family blog. Gosh, I've spent WAY too much time playing with it the last couple of days, LOL, and had some really bugging issues along the way >:( but I *think* I've figured it out now. Phew!

ems said...

It depends on how big I make the window for my internet. If I have it full screen then there is tons of white, but I can still see all the words etc. Besides I never have it full screen, so it fits pretty good for the size I usually have. Ditto to September's comment about the buttons, but you can read it below and above the buttons so that's good.

Really cute background, as usual!

Corilee said...

As you already know how it looks on my screen, I'll just say I really like the black and white look.

Lubs, Mither

nora.lakehurst said...

Yes I see it. Looks fine. I think you need to make one that is totally spring. With Light pastel colors. :D Oh and I want to learn how to get cool font. I need you to show me. I cannot learn via reading. :D