A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and will sing it back to you when you've forgotten the words.

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Hello cyber-sisters!

I say cyber-sisters because most, if not all, the people who read my blog are of the female variety. So hello cyber-sisters! (Yes, I do consider you sisters, after all- aren't we all brothers and sisters anyway??) I'm at work! woo hoo. Work is SO exciting!!

We started the day with 10 patients. 8 of those 10 patients are c-section deliveries!! I was floored!! I don't think we've ever had so many c-sections at once! craziness!!

Someone brought a newspaper article in that talked about how Dr's are saying c-sections are better for babies who are close to full term. I was surprised. It actually said that Dr's are starting to do elective c-sections! I find this interesting because when I was pregnant with Jenni I actually asked my Dr if I could have a c-section and he said no. (really, the idea of a normal vaginal delivery just never appealed to me. ever. The idea of something that big going through a hole that small . . . *shudder* . . . yeah, just doesn't appeal to me at all!!) As most of you know, I did end up getting my c-section after all!! My cervix felt it was too small for a normal delivery, so it refused to dilate! (one night here at work we were talking with one of the really funny Dr's and we started talking about our own birth stories [which happens often] and I said my cervix was retarded, and didn't dilate on its own, and he thought that was hilarious. He went of for at least 5 minutes about my 'dysfunctional cervix'. It was really funny! or maybe, it was 2 am and we were all really tired . . . either way- we laughed alot about that!!) When I was pregnant with Joe-joe my Dr said he didn't like the way my labor went and he wanted to do another c-section, unless I was greatly opposed it! needless to say, I wasn't!

um, yeah. It occurs to me just now that maybe I'm boring you, so hmmmm. I'm going to attempt to be 'not boring' now! One of the things I enjoy doing when I'm bored at work is look for good quotes. They can be anything from inspirational, funny, comforting . . . anything! I'm going to share some of my recent favorites:


I wish you were here, but you're not. You're there. And there doesn't know how lucky it is.

When life knocks you down to your knees, just remember that you are in the perfect position to pray. -- or phrased a little differently -- When life gets to hard to stand, kneel.

You never leave my mind- even when I have a million things to think about.

God is the DJ, Life is a dance floor, Love is the rhythm, We are the music

Love can survive almost any test- but it takes true love to survive deployment. (That ones for Flee and Dave!)


And my very favorite quote of the day (because I can SO relate to it right now)

Life is like an hourglass. Sooner or later, everything hits rock bottom. All you have to do is be patient and wait for someone to turn everything back around.

Obviously I know that I can't just 'wait', I know there will be work on my part, but I liked the quote because, to me it says "Yeah, sometimes life stinks, but it won't stay that way!"

anyway! I think thats all for now! I hope you enjoy some of the new songs on my playlist (and some of the old ones cause I just LOVE them!)

here's the link to the c-section story on desnews.com
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,705275921,00.html?pg=1

4 peeps decided to say stuff:

Flee said...

You are so funny! I love how I can always count on a post from you while you are working. I'm still laughing about it! and thanks for the quote, it's a nice one. I guess we will see if we make it, we still have a bit to go. ::) yup, that's an alien smiley face. like it? I didn't mean to do it at first, but now, I think it's going to be my signature.

September said...

Wow! craziness. We have such completely opposite views on childbirth. But I still love you. I have to go read that article now.

Stacey said...

Wow! I have read about that too. Personally I think some doctors just want women to be induced or have c-sections so it doesn't interfere with their plans.

However I am like you when it comes to childbirth. I was actually glad I got to have c-sections! It was nice to know exactly when my baby would be born and be able to plan for babysitters. LOL After Josh I healed quicker with each baby too. Alas,the workers are laid off and my factory is closed now. ;)

Unknown said...

Ugh, I HATED my c-section. But that's probably a jaded opinion considering the amount of infection involved. The problem with increased c-sections is that the risk involved with child birth has risen accordingly. It's major surgery and there are a lot of risks with that so more women are actually even dying. Sucks for them.