A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and will sing it back to you when you've forgotten the words.

Friday, February 27, 2009

Holy Crud! She's 6 already!!!

Seriously! Jenni turns 6 today!! I can't believe it! Where did the last 6 years go?!?!

ok, I'm over it now. time to brag a little!!

My little Jay-jay is not so little anymore! She is so sweet, but really has an independent side! She can be almost as stubborn as me! Ack!

Jenni came to us 10 days late- she does everything her way! She was born by emergency c-section for lack of oxygen. She was such an easy baby! She didn't cry very often, and when she did, we always were able to calm her down quickly.

When Jenni was 9 months old she fractured her skull. That night is on my top 10 worst days of my life. It was so scary. The Lord had other plans for her though, so miraculously there was no permanent damage.

Jenni says the funniest things. One of my favorite things she said: when Jenni was one we used to play the 'boo' game where we'd try to scare each other by saying boo suddenly. She was so cute at it! One day we were sitting in the kitchen, and Jenni walked in. She said all non-challantly (in an almost bored tone) "*sigh* Boo guys." It was SO funny!

I really can't believe she's 6 already. It doesn't seem like its been that long! Where does the time go??? Below are a bunch of my favorite Jenni moments, in no particular order.

She loves to play the piano, and I'm going to start teaching her soon! (She's been begging me for a few months)

We went to the park one day, and it was the first day we had our camera phones, we just happened to catch this. (And I didn't curl Jenni's hair! It used to dry curly! It was so cute!)

One of the great things about my kids is they can and will sleep anywhere! We've caught Jenni in so many funny places- but I think this may be my favorite! She just like a cat!

Jenni is a cheeser! She LOVES to smile for the camera! This is a classic Jenni face!

Again, another classic Jenni face!

Jenni dancing with Daddy at uncle Ry-ry's wedding

ok this is for sure one of my favorite pictures! Jenni was playing peek-a-boo with me and I happened to catch it! She was so much fun!!!

Another of my favorites! I don't know what it is about drawers, but my kids have a fascination with them! Joe joe did this too!! I love her face in this one!
Once upon a time we decided to move to Ohio. It didn't last more than a few days! But while we were in that part of the country we stopped at some of the church history sites. This photo was taken at Far West.


Baby Jenni!! She LOVED that swing! She would sit in it while I taught piano! She was never a problem while I was teaching- something I was so grateful for!


Jenni decided one day to dump a whole bottle of bubbles into Grandma Carol's fountain! that fountain was spurting bubbles for weeks! (although he denies it, I think Kobe might have helped!)
Jenni was a flower girl at Aunt Alicia's wedding. She had so much fun- she wore herself out!

This picture is especially precious to me now because of all that is going on with my grandma right now. But here's our 4 generation picture. Jenni loved going to see Grandma.

Jenni, Joe-joe and Steve at the fountain at the Gateway. Yeah. We had a blast!


this might just be my all time favorite. We went to Park City for emmy's birthday, and somehow I got this picture of Jenni! My super sweet Jenni I love you more than words can say! You've been so much fun to have! I'm so proud of the little girl you're growing into!
Stay good! Stay sweet! And remember mommy will always love you, no matter what!

1 peeps decided to say stuff:

nora.lakehurst said...

That is so sweet. I sure hope you show her other ones about her. Just for her on her sweet b-day. Love you Jenni