A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and will sing it back to you when you've forgotten the words.

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Sometimes . . .

sometimes Dad's are just so cute!!! I was at work yester-night and while in the Level II nursery (Basically our NICU) I overheard a new Dad singing to his new son. Really it was so sweet, and then I realized what he was singing- and it just struck me as really funny! He was singing 'Ye Elders of Israel'. It really is fitting- seeing as how he had a little boy, but it was just really funny to hear- in the nursery- 'oh Babylon oh Babylon . . .' hee hee!! seriously cracked me right up! What a cute daddy!!!

Well, its almost 2am, almost time for me to go home!! :) I've already done a whole bunch of other 'time-fillers' including wiping everything in a 40 foot radius down with alcohol wipes (with the exception of the babies of course!) Really, it's amazing how dirty things get! Especially in a hospital! We really are a very clean hospital, but the little things that tend to get forgotten get really dirty (like the phones that don't get used by the secretary, or the table and counter in the break room, or the microwaves, etc).

So, I got a fake wedding ring tonight (an $8.00 one from walmart) I actually really like it. Its got three round stones, the one in the middle just a little bigger than the two on the outside. It's not much, but it's nice to actually look like I'm married! I'm still anxious about my ring. I just really don't know where we're going to get the money to fix it! (since we still owe my 'rents a few months rent and we have to pay a $500 deductible to fix a broken window . . . ) at least I have a pretty one to tide me over until I can get it fixed!

ok, well I have sufficiently filled the last 20 minutes of my shift, and I'm gonna pack up and go home now!! have a wonderful day cyber sisters!

oh, and flee- I'm not sure if you got my text a few days ago or not (you know how retarded my phone is!)- so here it is again:

If you were Wanda I'd SO be your Marianne!

later!

chelle

5 peeps decided to say stuff:

Flee said...

So, for the window, wouldn't it be cheaper just to pay for the window as opposed to the ded? And I dont' get that wanda ann marianne line. Is that lame? should I know it?

Stacey said...

That is so cute about the new daddy. AWW!

I'm sorry about your ring. I still have my wedding band which I wear with my amethyst ring. I have 4 silver rings that I alternate,most of them from Wal-mart too. *sigh* One day when we are rich I will get a new wedding ring.. ;)

ems said...

Hee hee!! Love the daddy singing moment. That is hilarious about the song too, so funny!

So sorry about your ring. :( What a sad little day. Hope things work out for you to get it fixed.

Lubs!

Corilee said...

You should have gone in and sung the chorus with him to let him know that you were a member of the church, too, and that you appreciated his song to his son.

I'm almost positive fixing the window would be less than the ded. and we can wait for the rent but that window will bug me, daily, until it is fixed.

I'll bet they are glad to have someone who cares enough to wipe things down now and then. You are a good employee.

Unknown said...

I have sung or recited the most random things to my children. Sometimes they just need to hear your voice, kwim? Especially when they're tiny. I swear I have sung every song I know and I even remember reciting the Pledge of Allegiance one night when I was out of things to say to keep her drifting off, LOL.

I used to have that $8 WalMart ring. It wore out :( I'm finally able to wear one of my pretty sapphire rings, but I usually forget.