A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and will sing it back to you when you've forgotten the words.

Friday, November 14, 2008

Time for some optimism!!!

With the world the way it is today, it seems everywhere I turn I'm hearing something negative! It's really getting on my nerves! So today, I dedicate this post to optimism and positivity! (is that a word??) so here goes . . . "I know it seems hard sometimes, but remember one thing, through every dark night, there's a bright day after that. So no matter how hard it gets, keep your chest out, keep your head up and handle it."
~Tupac

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
~Thomas Alva Edison

"Never look down on anybody unless you’re helping him up"
~Jesse Jackson
(he was bound to say something good . . .eventually!)

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace"
~Unknown "There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why." ~William Barclay

"The person who says it can't be done is interrupted by the person who is doing it."
~Anonymous

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow."
~Albert Einstein

And mom, these last two quotes are especially for you!!

"I like living. I have sometimes been wildly, despairingly, acutely miserable, racked with sorrow, but through it all I still know quite certainly that just to be alive is a grand thing."
~Agatha Christie

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
~Churchill (I've got to get me a shirt like that! And I totally think they should bring that stamp back too!!)

Life is interesting! It may not always work out the way we want it to, but hey- we couldn't enjoy the happiness if we never had to endure the sorrow! (profound, I know!) So to all you fellow bloggers out there I say:

Have a wonderful day! And see the beauty in everything!


I love you all!

~Chelle

4 peeps decided to say stuff:

Flee said...

LOVE IT! Strait up. Love it.

September said...

You made me cry again. You really need to stop doing that. Oh wait, then I wouldn't read wonderful, uplifting posts that only you could write. I guess I'll just have to be a goober.

I hope you don't mind if I link back to this on my blog.

Corilee said...

Did I ever tell you about thte dream I had where I was falling off of an 85 story building and I had three thoughts. First I was horrified of the fact that I was falling, then I thought that there was no way I would live through it and my last thought was how thankful I was that I had had such a good life. That was my most optimistic thought ever. Is that good enough for you?

Luvs,Mither

ems said...

Oh happy day! Love the smily pics! (obviously) Way to be happy!