A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and will sing it back to you when you've forgotten the words.

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

All Hallows Eve!!

Yeah, I know- I'm getting to my Halloween post a little late, but ALAS! Such is life. I'm at work again, and have some extra time, so I am finally getting to it!
This year for Halloween Jenni wanted to be Tinkerbell, and I thought it would be so cute to have Joe-joe be Peter Pan. He had another idea! He wanted to be a cowboy! I tried and tried to convince him to be Peter Pan, but to no avail, so we started looking for a cowboy costume- also to no avail! Not until the 29th did we find a Cowboy costume that wasn't super ugly- it was actually pretty cute- although it was incomplete! The costume was supposed to have a Duster (really LONG coat) a vest, a badge, and a hat. Unfortunately there was no duster! And since that was like the biggest piece of the costume, I didn't feel like I should pay the entire $20. I found a clerk and she said they might give me 10% off. I said "Really, only 10% when more like 50% of the costume is missing?" She said yes, and she'd find a manager. I was a little miffed, cause I didn't think that was very cool, but then the manager got there, and he said he'd give me 50% off! I was glad I asked for a manager! So, it was originally 30% off, and I got an additional 50% off that, so I only paid $7.48 for Joe's costume! I was super excited!
Then the day before Halloween we were talking about our costumes and Joe-joe informed me that he didn't want to be a cowboy. He wanted to be Peter Pan.
Yeah. I said TOO BAD! I was bugged! But thats ok, he looked really cute as a cowboy, but wouldn't pose for hardly ANY pictures! Little stinker!
Here they are before we left- Joshie Brianna and Brady had already gone, and had just got back. Look how cute they all are!!!
Here's Jenni as my sparkly Tinkerbell! She loves to cheese it for the camera!
Like I said- Joe-joe didn't want to pose for pictures! And he wouldn't leave his sheriff badge alone! He wanted to hold it!
After we went to a few houses in our neighborhood we went up to Draper to John and Alicia's house. They have a party every year for Halloween. Flee and Lizzy came with us. We went around their neighborhood as well! It only rained a little, and it wasn't too cold!

At a house, getting more loot!

Joe-joe was afraid his hat was going to blow off (even though it was tied on his head!) so he wouldn't let go of it!! Even to get his candy! Silly Boy!

Lizzy and Flee at the beginning of our trick or treating!

OH Jenni was SO BRAVE at this house!! Lizzy and Joe-joe were both too afraid to go up to this house cause they had spooky music and lights and stuff, so we were going to skip it, but Jenni walked up there ALL BY HERSELF!!!!!! I couldn't believe it!! I was SO PROUD of her!!! She's usually not quite so brave! YAY FOR JENNI!!!

When we got back to John and Alicia's house we dug through the leaves for more candy! The kids had SO much fun doing this!! Lizzy found a play rake and kept raking through the leaves, and Joe-joe decided to be a flashlight holder! (it was really dark!)

Our two flashlight holders and the looker!

A (fuzzy) look at our glowing pumpkins! Steve's ;) is my favorite!!!

One last look at our cute pumpkins!! We had lots of fun this year! I never really cared much for Halloween until I had kids!!! It's so much funner when you get to see them having so much fun! And Joe-joe is finally getting the idea (although I think he only said trick-or-treat once! he did always say thank you though!)

Anyway, so it was a great night! We had lots of fun with family and friends! And the kids got lots of candy that will last them for a couple of weeks! (We only let them eat a few a day, and they're usually pretty ok with that!) So yeah, thats all for now!

later!

chelle

4 peeps decided to say stuff:

nora.lakehurst said...

Aw they are so cute. And brave little Jenni. SHe is so cute.

Corilee said...

darling picts. wait until they'er two or three years older and you will not be able to restrain them.

I'm bummed that our ward isn't doing trunk er'treat. That was so much fun to have everyone come to our house all dressed up.

Oh well, as Obama says "change will happen". Its the kind of change we don't want though -- both Obama and the ward's.

ems said...

Wow, mom finds a way to bring politics in to so many things!! :)

Darling kidlets! I'm glad you guys had fun. Let's play some time.

Lub-lubs1

Rana said...

So Cute, Happy Halloween, and bring on the Christmas :0)