A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and will sing it back to you when you've forgotten the words.

Friday, October 31, 2008

Pumpkin Carving Stuff's!

So, today we carved our pumkins for Halloween! (Well, Steve and I carved while Jenni and Joe-joe played!) I got a great big one for me, Steve and Jenni both got normal sized ones, and Joe-joe got a bitty one! We didn't think Joe-joe would do to well with the whole carving thing, so he has the 'potato head' pirate. Jenni wanted to do a spider (so she could 'scare' joshie and brianna!) I did a kitty on a moon. I think my favorite though, was Steve's! He did this

;)

haha! it was so cute! I totally loved it! and it only took him like 2 minutes! It was awesome! Here's some pics




At the beginning. just as we started.




Jenni wasn't super excited about getting the 'guts' out, but she did pretty good!



more de-goobering . . .



and the icky hands!



look at all those guts!! Yeah, my pumkin was SO thick, I had to scrape a ton off the inside so I didn't have to try and carve through 2 inches of pumkin wall! We did save a bunch of seeds for roasting, but they have to dry overnight, so we'll see how they turn out tomorrow!



The finished product! Aren't they so cute!



Jenni posing by her pumkin. I had to stand so my shadow would block the sun from her eyes, so this picture looks kinda odd!



The most important people in my life! How much do I love them? Let me count the ways!!! no just kidding! We had so much fun! We got one of those pumkin carving kits and it was SO easy! I couldn't believe how easy it was. I mean, we've always worked with a pattern, but we used to have to poke the holes individually to transfer the pattern onto the pumkin, which always took FOREVER! so but the time we actually got around to carving we were SO DONE with the whole thing! But this kit had this cool little tool that was basically a spiky wheel in a handle, so you could just roll the wheel across the edges, and it put all the holes right where you needed them!

Yeah- I just re-read that last paragraph and it totally doesn't make sense! Ah well, I'm sick, and it's late! And Joe joe has kept me up alot over the last few nights! We're taking him to Dr. Cherrington tomorrow though! I'll take pics of the pumkins with candles in them tomorrow when its dark. ooo, can you even contain your excitement???? I bet you just can't wait!!!!

ok, really. It's time for bed! Oh, and just fyi- I still haven't found my camera! double ack!! I stole my mom's camera for this!

thats all for now!
peace out!

chelle

6 peeps decided to say stuff:

Corilee said...

Nothing like doing a family night activity on Thursday. JK I liked yours the best, but then I always liked cats

Stacey said...

Cute pumpkins! They all look great! :)

Flee said...

those are some great pumpkins! Lizzy loves pumpkins. Everytime we see our neighbors she sayd, "funny pumpkin" It so cute.

nora.lakehurst said...

Cute punkins as Truman would say. I love Joe Joe's. His is my fav.

ems said...

OOOH! I wish we'd done pumpkins this year!! Yours are darling. I am so jealous. Well, not so much jealous, but bummed that I didn't do it. I guess there's always next year.

September said...

You're supposed to let them dry overnight?
hmm...maybe that's why mine look kind of funny. Oh well, they still taste good.