A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and will sing it back to you when you've forgotten the words.

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

It's all in how I endure it . . .

**sigh** So ALAS! I am sick- yet again! I think I have the Flu (ironic since I just had a flu shot like a week and a half ago! actually I think that may be why I'm sick now!) My immune system just doesn't seem to work like everyone else's! stupid dumb ol' immune system!

But, I have to stop myself. I had a very very strong impression this last week (since I've been in the hospital and stuff) that this is a very important trial in my life. I've come to grips with the fact that I may have some health issues for a bit- but what really matters is how I endure them! I think I can finally say that the Lord isn't punishing me for not being 'good enough', but this is my trial, and I need to endure it the best that I can! So, even though I'm not feeling super great, today was an ok day!

I really shouldn't complain at all, cause really- how many people in this world have what I have?? How many people have the kind of support system I've got here! And how many people get to live so close to their family (which includes you flee).I mean, really- I'm feeling very blessed tonight! Sorry to steal from you Jenn (sister, not daughter) but I'm posting the quote you found here, cause it really impressed me. I felt a very strong witness that I need to practice this theory in my life! so here it is:

Hope is the anticipation that the outcome will be good.

Worry is the anticipation that the outcome will be bad.

Faith is the anticipation that whatever the outcome, it will be for our good.


I've always been a pretty hopeful person- but I have also been a great worry-er as well! (gosh, I can't imagine where I could have gotten that from **cough-dad-cough**) hee hee!) So, as my . . er . . new-november's resolution I'm going to try, really try, to not worry so much! We'll see how it goes!


anyway. It's super late and I need sleep. I just had to write a quick post before I nodded off!

peace out!
thats all!
chelle

6 peeps decided to say stuff:

Jenn said...

Chelle,

Please feel free to steal from my blog any time. I loved that quote, which is why I put it on mine.

I miss you! I don't even have your new email address. Will you send me an email so I have it? Plus, I want to send you a cute BYU video that I know you will love.

Okay, enough for now. Talk to you soon!

Jenn (your sister, not your daughter. he,he :)

nora.lakehurst said...

YAY for optimisim. I try really hard to be a great and happy person. I really enjoy being happy and postitive all the time. So that is what I try to do.
We can be friends, I am passing a kindney stone. YAY for us. Um lets see uhhhhhh. Yeah so keep it up sista you are going to do so well. Hope you get some sleep and you know a hot shower when you can't sleep is great. And if you can go buy some of this tablet stuff that releses vapors that just soooooooth ya. You should go buy some. If not then call me and I will go get some or make Stace do it for you ;) (love ya stace)

Flee said...

I'm loving your optimism! WOO HOO FOR YOU! and if you ever find that things are getting to hard to handle, just SIOTTU. That will never get old I think. Feel better.

September said...

Oh Michelle, how could you possibly think that you weren't good enough? You and Flee both have always been great examples to me. More than you will ever know. I've always thought you were an amazingly strong woman and this post only makes those thoughts more concrete.
I'm so sorry you're sick. I hope you feel better soon.
And I really, really, really hope that you're not sick toward the middle of next month.

I'm seriosly crying right now. Deep breath...okay. Stinkin preggo hormones!
But it's all for the best right?

Corilee said...

Chin up, chest out, breathe in, breathe out....

This too shall pass (in the Lord's time.)

Love to my sick baby,
Mither

ems said...

Good call! It's hard sometimes to have faith and not worry. That is something I have always struggled with. It doesn't seem like you struggled with it much growing up, but then you didn't have the same trials as you do now. I know that working on it does help, so good luck to you. I've been praying for you and for Steve. I know things will work out for you.