A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and will sing it back to you when you've forgotten the words.

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

sleep . . . precious sleep

So I tried to go to sleep after my last post. I really did! ALAS, it was not meant to be! Joe joe is sick as well, and just as I was falling asleep he fell off the bed! (This is common for him . . . really) He usually just goes right back to sleep . . on the floor. But I guess since he already wasn't feeling good he couldn't! so I picked him up and he was SO HOT! really. He had to be at least 103. Maybe higher. (It was 2 am and I couldn't find me thermometer) And he was crying like . . well like you could just tell he didn't feel good. I could sympathize!

why do I mention this you ask? I'll tell you. I knew I needed to give him some medicine, but our medicine is all packed at Steve's 'rents house (yeah- I didn't think that one through first!) I knew mom and dad had some in their closet, but as it was 2:30 am I didn't really want to go wake them up! (although I would have, if I hadn't found any, 'cause I know my parents would be totally ok with that) So I kind of said a silent prayer hoping I could figure something out. I was standing by the foot of my bed, and I looked down by my foot, and sitting on the floor right at my feet was a bottle of children's Motrin! I was SO grateful! I hate being sick myself, but even more I don't handle my kids being sick very well at all! I sighed a great relief sigh, and actually said thank you out loud! I mean, I'll be the first to say that my room is a mess- and it's hard to find stuff sometimes, but really- I had looked for medicine so many times before! so many times! and then when I really need it, its right there!

I am so blessed.

just another confirmation that Heavenly Father watches over us and knows what we need!

I gave joe joe the medicine, and cuddled with him. He fell asleep after about an hour. and though he slept fitfully, he still slept. And so did I. Kind of! Steve went to go help his mom get some stuff from his grandma's house this morning/afternoon, but we decided that it would be better if joe-joe didn't go 'cause Marianne (Steve's mom) has Hailey (our niece) and we thought it would be better if joe joe didn't expose her to whatever he has. I was bummed because I haven't seen Grandma Afton forever! but he's REALLY tired now, so hopefully if I cuddle him, we'll both be able to get some more sleep!

We'll just have to go see Grandma Afton again another day! I'm sure she won't mind! really, She's the sweetest ever.

Anywho, time for me to try to get some more sleep! wish me luck! oh, and if I ever find my camera, I'll post pics from Vegas. I'm really hoping it's just lost somewhere in the mess of a room I live in! maybe I should try praying for it . . .

ok thats all!
peace out yo!

chelle

3 peeps decided to say stuff:

nora.lakehurst said...

Gosh get better Chell.

Stacey said...

Brady,CamD and I are sick too. Oh the joys,right? I'm glad you found some medicine for Joe Joe.

I hope you find your camera!

ems said...

I love that! It's those little things that might seem so insignificant to someone else, but that testify to you that He is watching over you. What a blessing to have a sweet witness like that.

I hope you all feel better! Emma and Matthew were both sick recently, now Daniel is sick and I feel like I might be getting it. I guess all families get their turns. At least we have the medical help that we enjoy in our day right?