A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and will sing it back to you when you've forgotten the words.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

ugh! What a week!

This really has not been a good week. Seriously. I'm really just so done with this week. I won't go into a lot of details, but lets just say, I'm ready for it to be next month now! I'm ready for sun, and for warm weather and for vacation time . . .

We're thinking we're going to try to go to Arizona this year for our vacation. We've got a few friends there (namely Steve's best friend, and my best friend.) So we've got a lot of motivation to go down there!

So, like I said, my best friend is now in AZ. (there's a reason I'm not using names. just fyi) I didn't think I would take it this hard! Seriously. I knew I'd be sad, but it feels like my heart has been ripped in two! and half of it is a whole state away! Last time I remember feeling like this was when Steve went on his mission. I guess what they say is true- you don't fully appreciate what you have until you don't have it anymore! Friend, you don't know how much you are loved! I put you right up there next to Steve (in a purely platonic way of course! :P )

I think one of the reasons I'm taking it so hard is also because of what else is going on right now. The other things are really kind of messing with my emotions. I think I would have been able to handle all of these better if they didn't all happen in the same week!

I did get a really nice blessing from Steve a few days ago, which was really comforting. I really felt the spirit so strong that night, and I wrote about it in my journal- I ended up with 10 pages! I haven't written 10 pages in one night since Steve was electrocuted a few years ago! So basically, I will get through this, but it will probably be kinda tough. :(

Miss you friend. Love you even more! :*(

5 peeps decided to say stuff:

Stacey said...

I don't know what is going on but I'm sorry you are having a hard time right now. I'm glad that you got a blessing from Steve. Just remember I am nearby if you need a shoulder to cry on. *HUGS*

Corilee said...

I know something of what you're going through but you sure kept it well hidden that you're suffering that much from it. I am so sorry you are having such an emotionally trying time. I'm just upstairs and I listen well, Honey. You're welcome to come up any time. I love you. {{{Hugs}}} Mither

Jenn said...

I'm sorry you're so sad! I remember I felt like I would die when Jan went on her mission. At least you can still call, write and visit--but I know how it feels to know you can't just go see someone whenever you want. I hope things get better! We are coming over tomorrow night to do some family history work with Mom. Come up and say hi!

Lubs, lubs, Jenn

Flee said...

Just think, things can only get better! And they are! Remember all of your blessings. (HA! I just had a typo prob. I typed "blessing" not "blessings". PLURAL! HA!) Count then one by one if you want. It will make you feel so much better. I promise. :) love you!

ems said...

So sorry about your sad week. Let's play some time to keep your mind occupied so you won't be quite so bummed. Really let's do this time instead of just saying it. I'm totally bummed that I never see you, and Emma loves playing with Jenni and Joe Joe. Anyway, let me know if you need anything and let's really do play and stuff.

Lub-lubs!