A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and will sing it back to you when you've forgotten the words.

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

oh, to love what you pay for . . .

So, once upon a time, I got my hair cut- I asked for chunky blunt bangs, and got WAAAAAY lots of bangs. lots and lots and lots and lots of bangs. And then- even a few more. Let me remind you . . . .
ahhh this takes me back . . . .
to this picture of me playing at my grandma's with emmy- we were playing with some house thing (it may have been a play mcdonalds set) - seriously, I wish I could find that picture! I'm pretty sure emmy has it somewhere, I'll have to see if I can get her to put it in a post . . .

This is, unfortunately, the best I can say my hair ever looked. Really, it just hung there- and the bangs! Just SO many! Usually I wore it in a ponytail with a headband holding the mass of bangs back. (Seriously- the MASS of bangs)

So, I've been wanting to get it cut for a while now- and I finally did it! I don't think I've ever LOVED a haircut as much as I like this one! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I did my own little photo shoot.



Last time I had that sad excuse for a haircut I thought I'd get rid of my layers, you know- try something new. Yeah, bad idea. I went back to layers, and they make such a difference!
She feathered my bangs into the layers as much as she could- so now as it grows in it'll look a little more natural. Not so much like a 'blunt bang'.
So I took a whole bunch of pics, and started playing around with picasa, trying my hand at editing.

This one doesn't look that great, but I thought for my first try it was ok!

I did get better! :)

a little more playing with the editing . . .



A little playing with soft glow


What would chelle look like with blue eyes? I thinks it looks alright . . . but I think I'll stick to green.
And I think quite possibly my favorite pic of me ever . . . .

I really liked the way this one turned out! So now that I've had my moment of vanity- I'll go back to being oh-so-humble! :)
Really, I don't usually like to post pics of me, but I had a few peeps ask me what my new haircut looked like, and I had fun playing with picasa! So yeah. I love the satisfaction of really loving what I've paid for! :)
k thats all!
~chelle

5 peeps decided to say stuff:

nora.lakehurst said...

OH I LOVE IT!!!!!! Seriously you look beautiful. And that one with the choker on..... um I think that one is a bit you know ont he wild side. Way to go Chell.

Corilee said...

I thought all the pictures were great! You look beautiful and I love, love, LOVE the haircut. (Course I'm a little bit biased.)

Lub-lubs, MIther

Unknown said...

:) Looks great! Picasa and editing software in general can be addicting, LOL. I'm in the middle of SEVERAL posts with WAY too many pictures, LOL. Picasa collages to the rescue! oh, and the fact that you can post to Blogger right from picasa :P
Love the haircut!

Stacey said...

You hair looks darling!! Way beauty pics of you Chelle!

The pic with you wearing the choker looks sassy! ;)

Flee said...

LOVE THE NEW HAIR CUT! It looks great! *rit rew*