A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and will sing it back to you when you've forgotten the words.

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

How Sweet It Is . . .

Sometimes my Jenni can just be the sweetest ever!! We told Jenni and Joe-Joe about recycling, and how if you collect cans you can get some money for them. Jenni decided she wanted to do it, so we started collecting cans. Joe-Joe helped some, but didn't really get why we were keeping garbage! We finally collected a few garbage bags worth, and Steve took it to the recycling center and got $3.19 (woo hoo!!) In the car later that night, I told Jenni we got the money for the cans, and said that she could have $2 and Joe-Joe $1 because she did more work. Jenni thought about it for a minute and said "You know, I have another dollar at home that I got from the tooth fairy, so I should give Joe-Joe one of these dollars, so then we both can have $2." I couldn't believe it! It was SO sweet!

And then just today Jenni brought home a 'stocking' her teacher gave to her filled with a few pieces of candy. She took them out and had them in front of her. Joe Joe saw them and asked where she got it. She told him from school and he asked if he could have one. Without hesitation Jenni reached down and grabbed the candy cane (not one of the little dinky ones- a normal big one) and gave it to Joe- without complaining or anything! She is so sweet! She really shows us the true meaning of Christmas!!

Where would I be without my cute family??? I don't even want to know!! :)

~chelle

3 peeps decided to say stuff:

Flee said...

She is such a sweet girl! I just love that kid.

Corilee said...

It's especially nice to see our children actually do some of the good things they've been taught. I think they learn more and more how to look out for other people's needs as they grow up. That's probably why the age of accountablity is age 8 and not earlier.

Holly said...

What a sweet big sister! That makes a parent feel so good to see the little ones showing love for each other.