A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and will sing it back to you when you've forgotten the words.

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

"The Best Dinner Ever!"

Joe-joe is so funny! Last night we went up to The Hale in SLC to see A Christmas Carol, and we were running late, so we got a $3 pizza from 5buck pizza. (It's sweet, a medium pizza for 2.99 on Tuesdays and Thursdays between 4 and 8 pm) we ate the pizza in the car on the way up, and about halfway to Steve's sisters house (Joe-joe is too young to go to the play, so he was having a pajama party with Whitney) Joe-joe was eating his pizza and he said "Momma, this is the BEST dinner EVER!" I thought to myself, it's kinda sad that my son thinks a cheap pizza (that made all of us sick btw) is the best dinner ever. hmmm. What does that say about my mothering???

I still haven't seen New Moon. Still. Being poor isn't super fun sometimes. I got a blessing a little while ago that said our financial troubles would come to an end soon, but to be very weary of overspending. Steve and I have been SO careful not to spend where it's not necessary (for example, going to 5buck {or as I like to call it 5yuck} for pizza instead of little caesars, saving $2). (And I know what you're thinking - "why not forget the pizza and eat something at home" but we just simply ran out of time, and that was the cheapest alternative) We weren't way overspending before, but still, we've found that we can cut back. I'm surprised how hard it can be though. Like I said- being poor isn't super fun sometimes.

We're getting ready to move our stuff out so Adam and Stace can move in. We hope to be out in our own place in a couple of months at the most. I am so grateful to my parents though for being so generous with their home. What a blessing it is to have parents like mine!

ALAS! I've got to go be a mom now. Have a wonderful day all! :)

ok, thats all.

chelle

5 peeps decided to say stuff:

Flee said...

I love when you post funny stories about your kids. Joe is so cute! If I were in UT right now I would so take you to New Moon! I want to see it again so bad! And none of my friends down here want to see it agian! Lame, right? And I don't want to go alone. Too bad it's so expensive to get Lizzy and I to UT otherwise, we'd be there in heart beat!

September said...

Haha, I was thinking the same thing Felicia said. We'll be there in a few weeks and I would LOVE to go see New Moon again and I would LOVE to hang out with you. It'll be my treat. Sound good?

Stacey said...

What a funny kid!

I got to see New Moon because other people paid for me. That's the way to do it! ;)

Financial struggles are so hard. They are really the pits. Both of us need to hang in there and it will get better,right??? :)

ems said...

Three dollars on pizza, you big spenders! I think that is awesome that you are trying to cut back. Believe me, I have felt your pain this year and cutting back is very hard. Good for you for trying a little harder!

I agree with Stace, hang in there and things will get better! I'll keep praying for you!

Corilee said...

The only thing cheaper would be Raman Noodles which would be hard to eat in the car =)

Being poor isn't super fun any time not just sometimes!

We always pray for you, especially for your financial situation.

It just occurred to me that we should be praying for you to get pregnant. Hey! There's an idea!!! I'd love to have two more grandchildren by this time next year. (and I'm not just kidding!)