A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and will sing it back to you when you've forgotten the words.

Friday, July 17, 2009

Update on our lives!

So yeah. I have become just about the worst blogger ever! So, here's a quick recap of our lives lately-

Steve in now a Quality Control Technician instead of a Service Technician. We like it much better because he's now on a Monday through Friday schedule! We LOVE it! It's really nice to have our weekends back! Steve had PRK done a few weeks ago, and he can finally see without glasses or contacts!! YAY!!! It's been nice. It was a little rocky that first day, but it's been great since then!

I passed my CNA test and am now working as a PCA (Patient Care Assistant) as well as a HUC (Health Unit Coordinator - ie a secretary). I absolutely LOVE it. I'm not sure if I've ever written about why I got into the medical field to begin with- so here's the story: I was at the hospital for one of my niece's or nephew's birth (I think it was Ethan) and I saw a PCA come in to check on us, and I thought - thats what I want to do. I felt very strongly that this was the path I was supposed to take! So, I can now say that I've achieved it! (It may have taken me 8 years, but I did it!!!) I have recently finished training, and we've been so busy- so much so that I've actually had overtime on my last two paychecks. Basically I've worked at least 40 hours, and sometimes more for the last 3 weeks, and I've been reminded why I decided not to work full time in the first place! It's just too hard with little kids! It's been kinda hard on all of us, but now that I'm fully trained I won't be working as much. And things are finally starting to slow down too!

Jenni had her kindergarten graduation at the end of May. She did SO good! They sang some cute songs, and had these cute Graduation caps and everything! Jenni is loving summer. She loves to go play with her friends. Her new favorite computer game is Club Penguin, and she's going to start doing chores for money so she can become a member of Club Penguin, instead of just play the free games!

Joe-joe has decided to be potty trained! He literally woke up one morning and decided to go potty in the toilet! He had a few accidents at first, but is doing great now! I couldn't believe it! He wears the cutest little boxer-briefs! ACK!! I can't believe how big he is getting!!!

We're still missing our Lizzy, Flee and Dave who moved to Arizona, but we're planning to go down there this fall, so here's hoping!!!

Anyway, so things here are great. Really, we couldn't ask for anything more! Thanks for all the prayers you've sent our way! We appreciate it!

k, thats all!

later cyber-sisters!

Chelle

4 peeps decided to say stuff:

Flee said...

MISS YOU!!! I'm so glad to finally see your update. I've missed them. I loved talking with you and getting posted on all the happenings.

Corilee said...

Hope to see more posts more often.

Love you!

Corilee said...

BTW I need to change my background and music on my blog. I'll pay good money for your help.... oh yeah, you get free rent so maybe you'll do it for nothing ;)

Stacey said...

Yay,you finally made a post!!

I am jealous that you have Joe Joe potty trained! I know I need to be patient,but diapers for 2 are spendy!