A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and will sing it back to you when you've forgotten the words.

Thursday, July 30, 2009

I'd rather be a WHALE

So, I saw this at work and thought it was so cute, I just had to post it. Here goes---
(disclaimer- Jan and Jenn, you may not like this! It's not bad but you may not like it!)


"Recently, in a large French city, a poster featuring a young, thin, and tan woman appeared in the window of a gym It said:

THIS SUMMER DO YOU WANT TO BE A MERMAID OR A WHALE?

A middle aged woman, whose physical characteristics did not match those of the woman on the poster, responded publicly to the question posed by the gym:

To Whom It May Concern:

Whales are always surrounded by friends (dolphins, sea lions, curious humans). They have an active sex life, the get pregnant and have adorable baby whales. They have a wonderful time with dolphins stuffing themselves with shrimp. The play and swim in the seas, seeing wonderful places like Patagonia, the Barren Sea, and the coral reefs of Polynesia. Whales are wonderful singers and have even recorded CD's. They are incredible creatures and virtually have no predators other than humans. They are loved, protected and admired by almost everyone in the world.

Mermaids don't exist. If the did exist the would be lining up outside the offices of Argentinean psychoanalysts due to identity crisis: fish or human? With their bodies, how could they have sex? Therefore they do not have kids either. Not to mention, who wants to get close to a girl who smells like a fish store?
The choice is perfectly clear to me; I want to be a whale!

P.S. We are in an age when media puts into out heads the idea that only skinny people are beautiful, but I prefer to enjoy and ice cream with my kids, a good dinner with a man who makes me shiver and a coffee [or hot chocolate] with my friends.

With time we gain weight because we accumulate so much information and wisdom in our heads that when there is no more room it distributes out to the rest of our bodies. So, we aren't heavy, we are enormously cultured, educated, and happy. Beginning today, when I look at my but in the mirror I will think, [holy cow]! Look how smart I am!"


I thought that was super sweet. I'm not chubby, I'm just super wise! Although I'm about 25 lbs less wise that I was 6 months ago! I'm happy about that, but it sounds kinda weird to say 'Yay for being less wise!!!' So I guess when it comes to gaining, it's wisdom, when it's losing - it's pounds!!!! Yeah, I like that idea!

Like I said- 25 lbs down, a whole bunch more to go!!! But at least it's going down, not up!:)

4 peeps decided to say stuff:

Flee said...

You've lost 25 lbs! Awesome! Love that too. I'm proud to be a whale. :)

nora.lakehurst said...

I love that. And I want to loose 25 lbs. really. I am proud to be a whale. I love all those things about the whales. Bring on the whaleness? LOL ok love you Chell you are great always!

Corilee said...

When you get really old (60 and over) the intelligence just has no where else to go (the body is sufficionately "plump") so it just drains out your ears along with everything else you've ever learned (except all the stories about your life that you start telling over and over to anyone who will listen) and you start having "Senior moments" regularly.

So, I don't know what kind of fish that would be. It would have to be one who is round, is ditzy and who is lovable in spite of their "ditsy-ness." Actually one does come to mind. It would be Dora from.... what's that movie? See what I mean. The intelligence has all drained out and I can't remember things, just like Dora. Yay for old age?

ems said...

Mither, I have never thought of you as ditsy. What an odd thought!

Nice thoughts on the post Chelle! I've become less intelligent the past little while, but hey, at least I feel better. That is one thing they don't mention about the mermaid. Even if she dose have tons of issues, she probably feels fabulous physically. If I ever get to my goal weight, maybe I will feel fabulous all the time! Although, I may never achieve my goal weight because I like all the perks that become with being a whale! Hmmm... that's a tough one! I think I'll be a whale today. Maybe I'll start trying to be a mermaid another day!

Okay, enough rambling.

Love ya!

PS Thank you SOOOOOOOOO much for helping out with Zumba. You are awesome!

PS again - PLEASE let's play some time. ( I said please, so according to Emma, that means I should get what I wanst!) :)

Lub-lubs!