A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and will sing it back to you when you've forgotten the words.

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

What to write about . . . .

Just so you're all aware, I don't like april fools day either. I didn't really want to do anything, but Steve really did, and he thought all y'all's responses were so funny!! He says the only reason you guys don't like April Fools is cause you all fell for it! I have to admit, I didn't think people would actually believe it. Go me!

As of this week, I have officially lost 37 pounds! Woo Hoo!!

Really, I can't think of anything to write about. Things are going well for us. I had my surgery, which went well. They found some endometriosis, which they removed, but I was still having a lot of pain. After talking to my Primary care dr. and my psychiatrist we (finally) decided to go back on Subutex. I have taken it before, with great success, but my Dr's were hesitant to put me back on it unless it was totally necessary (long story). Subutex is generally used to treat heroine addiction, but they've found recently that it very effective when treating chronic pain. Granted, most people who use it for heroine addiction treatment are on 3-4 times the amount I'm on. But I've found that a really small dose works really well for me. It's nice to not have to stress about being on narcotics, and the roller coaster ride they put you on. When I would miss a dose of the Lortab, I noticed it almost immediately. With the Subutex, I've missed one or even two days in a row before, and didn't even hardly notice. And I only have to take this once a day. What a blessing!! It's so nice to feel good again! Really, what a blessing!!

Speaking of blessings, my niece Emma said the cutest thing the other day! (Ems, I hope you aren't mad that I'm blogging about this, but I was just so impressed by it! It's totally stuck with me!) We went over to return Daniel's truck that we borrowed, and Daniel, Emma and Matthew were outside doing some yard work. I noticed Emma had a scratch on her face. It started on her cheek and went diagonally up past her eye and up in between her eyebrows. It really went RIGHT next to her eye. Almost scratching her tear duct. I asked her what happened, and she told me she fell into a bar. Daniel explained that they were doing some concrete work (I think) and they had rebar sticking out of the ground in a few places. Emma was running to the house, and tripped, falling straight into the rebar. If she had fallen even a centimeter to the side, she very well could have lost her eye. After Daniel told what happened, Emma turns to ma and says "It was such a blessing because it didn't hit my eye. I was so blessed." It was SO cute! It's just amazing how she recognized it! Even if she was told by someone, the fact that she knows and remembers that is just . . . just great. I told her that she was blessed like that because she was such a good girl. What a cutie!

ok, it's time for me to go to bed now. Again, sorry Ems if I stole your story! I was just very impressed with Emma!

ok, I can sleep easier tonight, cause I finally did a post! Yay me!!!

k, thats all. Later!

chelle

5 peeps decided to say stuff:

Flee said...

Holy crud, that story makes my eyes freak out. You know how I am. Anyways, Glad things are going well with you all. Talk to you soon!

nora.lakehurst said...

YAY for pain relief and I dont think any less of you. The story about Emma is so cute. And she is blessed to have such a great mommy and daddy to teach her that.

Stacey said...

I hate when I see rebar because I get images like that. So glad Emma is alright! That's cute about the blessing comment. It makes her sound like her Aunt Jan. :)

Congrats on the weight loss!

Corilee said...

Stace, I have always had the same fears about rebar. Cute story MIchelle. Emma seems to have an extra sense of things spiritual - blessings and all. Your weightloss is impressive. Tell us what are you doing.

ems said...

I did tell her that she was very blessed that it didn't hit her eye. It was cute though, because I told her while I was cleaning her up that if it had hit her eye, she might not have been able to see anymore and we were very blessed. She was crying already, but started to really cry when she noticed she had scraped her hand as well. Through her tears, she said, "but we were blessed because my other hand didn't get any owies, and I can still see." It was precious that she pointed out her other hand all by herself.

Thanks for posting this Chelle, I didn't even think about posting it. Now maybe I will.

Happy day for you feeling better and your weight loss! Go you!