A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and will sing it back to you when you've forgotten the words.

Thursday, May 7, 2009

*sigh* ok, I guess I have to do it!

I have to officially fire myself! I can't believe it's been so long since I posted! Seriously! So I'm sorry I haven't commented much, but it's just so hard to catch up on blogs when you've been out of the loop for as long as I have! So ALAS! I'm not going to try to catch up, I'm just going to start from whats been posted most recently!

Things are good here. One of the main reasons I haven't posted in so long is I'm not allowed to bring my computer to work anymore! (I know, BUMMER!! I may just start bringing it again anyway, but I haven't decided if my eternal salvation is really worth bringing my computer to work . . .) Also, the power cord to our computer is having issues- not to mention our computer randomly overheats unless I keep ice packs under it! (Hmm. Time for a new computer?? I'm thinking . . . a new iMac! *sigh* one can always dream!)

Work is great. I LOVE it! I'm going to be re-certified as a CNA (finally) next month, so I'll be able to start working as a PCA. I'm very much looking forward to that- since that is the position that originally caught my attention so many years ago! (The reason I started working in the medical field!) I made some super cute name tags tonight, and I'll post pics of them as soon as I can figure out how to get the pics off my phone . . . . hmmmm . . . . .

My health hasn't been super great lately. My endometriosis has come back with a vengeance. I also have an ovarian cyst that has ruptured. Pain. Lots and lots of pain. I'm scheduled for a pre-op next week. I'd really rather not have surgery again, but the alternative is staying on narcotics until I get pregnant again. Not something I want to do. I've done long term narcotics before, and really, that not something I want to repeat- ever ever EVER again. (Withdrawals! SO SO not fun.)

Steve is going to have PRK done later this month. (It's basically Lasik, but altered a little due to some family history of eye problems). We're super excited about this- it will be SO nice not to have to worry about contacts/glasses/eye exams! And it will be nice to have Steve home for a few days! :)

Ok, so I think thats all. I could probably go on, but I think this post is sufficiently long enough.

Have a wonderful day cyber-sisters!

chelle

5 peeps decided to say stuff:

September said...

I've been dreaming of an imac too! But seeing as how our computer has about zero storage space left and we haven't saved anywhere near enough for an imac I don't think it's going to happen.
Congrats on your CNA and tell Steve good luck with the PRK.
Spencer had lasik a few years ago and I think it's the greatest thing ever!

nora.lakehurst said...

WOW so much on your already full plate. I sure hope you can get over it. I am sorry you cannot have your computer at work. I mean its good that you realized a problem and did what alot of people cannot. Hugs and if you need anything I will see what I can do to help/.

Flee said...

Everything is going to be great! Don't worry or stress about it...stress only makes things harder on your body.

Stacey said...

Wow,you have a lot going on right now. I'm happy your job is going so well.

Good luck with the surgery. *HUGS*

Unknown said...

Don't you just love being sick with one thing after another after another on top of three others? Grrrrrrr. (Sorry, venting. I have a pre-op on MOnday :P ) That just sucks about the endometriosis. Another SIL of mine has that. No, HAD it. She's pregnant now. Good luck with it all. I feel ya about the narcotics. I refuse to take them unless I have no other option. Hugs!