A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and will sing it back to you when you've forgotten the words.

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

My immune system is BROKEN!!!

So, basically, my immune system is broken. I get pretty much everything I'm exposed to. This is what my month was like- about a month ago I started feeling really crappy, and after the dr. then the urgent care (who sent me to the ER. surprise, surprise.) They said I had the flu (didn't specify if it was regular or H1N1) so basically I was really sick for about 2 weeks, and I missed a bunch of work. Then, just as I was able to start going back to work, I got a small cough. It wasn't a super big deal, so I didn't worry about it. Then one night, I was at work, and I started having weird cloudy spots on my eyes. Turns out, I had pink eye! So I got sent home from work. Then, just as I was getting over the pink eye (still had the irritating cough mind you) I got super sick. Went back to the dr, and lo and behold I had the flu. Again. My dr said that the CDC is estimating that 95% of the influenza cases are H1N1. So, finally I got better from that, but I still have this stupid cough! So, I can say I've had swine flu twice. The second time was AWFUL!! I was so incredibly sick. I've never been so sick, even through all my heart stuff and everything- I've NEVER been so sick. So yeah- I'm done with that.I really am done with that.

At least none of my family got sick. I was pretty proud of that- I had pink eye, and swine flu, and didn't give it to my hubby or my kids!! My hands got a little dry from all the sanitizer though.

Things are going pretty well here. Steve's job is still the same. We'd really love to get a new one, but that may not happen anytime soon. Jenni is loving school. I had to keep her home a couple of days when I had pink eye, and she was SO sad. Joe joe talks so much lately. He is jenni's shadow when she's home. We're so lucky to have two kids that are so good together.

Well, being so sick this month left my house a disaster area, so I've got to go do some damage control! Have a wonderful day all!

2 peeps decided to say stuff:

nora.lakehurst said...

You are ALIVE! Wow gosh I havent heard or seen you in almost 2 months can you believe that. And I think we will have to have the birthday party at someone elses house. Anyways LOVE ya

Flee said...

It's not fun being sick. Ever. I'm sorry. I wish your immune system worked. Is there anyway to fix it? I suppose if there were you would have done it already.

I hope you get better and stay that way! Glad the rest of the family didn't get sick. (Except your mom. That doesn't count since she's not in your apt.)